Author Topic: iFrames - secondary address bar  (Read 5921 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
iFrames - secondary address bar
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:06 AM »
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but I see a lot of expertise here.

Is there a way to add a secondary address bar for your iFrame so that users can see the actual web address of the pages being displayed by the iFrame?

Thanks

Champs90

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: iFrames - secondary address bar
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:34:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

If I understand what you want, the answer is no. The content of the second webpage is displayed in the iframe, but no toolbars (standard, address, google, bookmark, navigation, etc).  Those are browser elements not window elements.

You do have a couple options:
1) Include the address of the web page in the web page itself.  Could add a white box strip at the top of the page, include the webpage address.  You could make that text a link that opens a new window if you want your visitors to be able to open that page directly.

2) You could use a double iframe - check out this tutorial. You could describe the webpage and provide the URL address in text (or a text link) in the frame1 and show the page in frame2.

3) Use a popup window instead (downside: many popup blockers running these days and that would stop it from showing). You can define the size of the window and whether you want to display the toolbars.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )