Author Topic: iframe dynamic page  (Read 3534 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
iframe dynamic page
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:02:13 PM »
thank you for your answer before, :thankyousign: I have a problem with an iframe (probably called a dynamic iframe)

how to insert picture?  ???
I've read the tutorial that you write but because I'm a newbie, I dont understand. :banghead:

I want to flight schedules iframe, there is a website that provides information about the schedule.
schedules that are in the web includes the departure date and number of passengers, then there is the search button, search button function to open a new page to load type airline, destination and price.

Can I make an iframe schedule and when I click the search button the page that lists airlines etc., do not appear on the new page but overwrite the old frame (schedule page) with different size iframe?

When I read the tutorial that you wrote about the "Side-By-Side Double iframes" I think can be done if required static iframe, in my case might be slightly different, the search button (eg iframe2) influenced by the date (eg iframe1) and the last iframe (type airlines etc..) influenced by iframe1.

Can you help me step by step because I'm really newbie.

I really want to include a picture but I do not know how to upload them

thanks before

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: iframe dynamic page
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
To insert a picture, you must store the picture somewhere else (on photobucket, your website, etc)
   I do not have an UPLOAD turned on this forum. Limited space.
Click the insert picture button above (directly under the I button).
This appears:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]Change it to have the address of where your picture is stored.
Code: [Select]
[img]http://yourwebsite.com/image.jpg[/img]
I want to be sure I understand you:
Your site will have a window to a web page lists flight schedules with dates, passengers.
You mention a search button.  The results open a NEW page.
If you want that search button to fill the iframe replacing the list the search button must use a target="_self" in the code.
If you want that search button to fill a SECOND iframe, then the code for the search button would contain a target name of the second iframe.  target="iframe2"
Both iframes must be on the same page!

YOU would need to be able to change the code of the schedule page.  If someone else has made that page, and the code forces a new page when you search, you will not be able to change that.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )