Author Topic: Can someone help me with a publishing question?  (Read 3939 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Can someone help me with a publishing question?
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:07:23 PM »
I have had my website about 7 years with no problems till now. My computer crashed and I lost all my backup files for my website. I do not remember the name of my backup file. I have downloaded a new CSB4, and put in my serial number and rebuilt my website. When I go to publish it, it does not publish my new website, but still is publishing my old website. I am just so frustrated with myself for not having a backup. I need to make changes to my website as my inventory has changed. Is there a way through cpanel to find the backup name of my website?

I have gone to cpanel and saved a backup copy of my website, but am sorry to say I don't know how to proceed from that point. I don't understand how to get all those files back into my CSB4 software. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Re: Can someone help me with a publishing question?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »
Grandma, I am surprised Sammy hasn't been here to answer. I wonder if she saw this. I don't understand why it would still publish your old site if you have rebuilt the new one.

There is no way to pull files off of the back up and put them into your new design - it is always best to keep a back up also on a thumb drive or elsewhere for CSB. I am going to see if I can pass this on to Sammy. She might be the one to understand your problems better.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
Re: Can someone help me with a publishing question?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
I also missed this post as it did not show-up in my unread posts lists and happened to browse the forum when I stumbled on it. :repair:

Grandma,  :agree: with SafariWoman. Keep a backup somewhere else, other than on web site as I have had the unpleasant experience of someone wiping hosts space clean, backup included. The backup should be of your tlx file which contains all your pages for republishing. Before publishing from a backup, make a backup of your backup too.
:dogwalksm: Ed