SPECIAL TOPICS > Favorite Web Tools

PDF Conversion Software

(1/3) > >>

Ed:
 ??? Does anyone know if this is a catch? Sounds too good to be true because what is really for free?.

Primo PD, which converts files to pdf print format, is advertised for free. I've been using Adobe Acrobat for years and have regularly upgraded up to version 6 but version 7 was so expensive that I did not upgrade and am now starting to receive more and more annoying pop-ups that say Adobe no longer supports Acrobat version 6.:'( I just do straight forward conversions from e.g. Word or Power Point pages for downloading from web sites and was searching the web for cheaper software and came across Primo. Although Acrobat still works, maybe someone has seen or used Primo and could comment on it.

Samrc:
It is real. No joke and works well with very little file size difference compared to AA.
No scumware, spyware or nag screens.
I use PRIMO PDF at home and have put it on several machines for other individuals.

For just converting, Primo is just fine!
If you need other interactivity, then AA is needed. I use Adobe Acrobat at the office.

Ed:
Hi Sami. I will download and try it. I did'nt think of a file size difference.
Thanks.

Samrc:
Some PDF converters do a sloppy job, making really BIG files.  Primo is well within tolerance compared to AA.  Been very satisfied with it.  And for people unfamiliar with AA higher abilities, Primo will work just fine for them!

Simply install the program.
Open your file (word, excel, whatever...) choose PRINT, Choose the PRINTER PRIMOPDF and print.  SIMPLE.

You can capture only what is on the screen, or print the document like normal, only it ends up in a pdf file instead of a printer.  Can choose WHERE the file ends up (choose a folder in your MyDocs folder) and even set it to open the pdf file after creation so you can check it.

rickasaurus:
I have been using Primo for a while now. It is great, no problems at all.
Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version