Author Topic: Wii  (Read 3919 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Wii
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »
Ok.... This is the one game system that has my attention. 
None of the other systems even come into my notice.

The idea of getting up off the chair/couch to play tennis, bowling, dance, yoga that helps you to balance just sounds like fun.    Then you add the Wii fit and this sounds like a great idea.

Out of curiosity, this week I tried three things on a wii.

1) wii sports:  bowling one game and I got a 140.  This is good.  It felt and sounded like real bowling.

2) wii sports:  fitness test with 3 testing situations. 
   - Hit baseballs (I got 2 out of several!   :yuck:)
   - Hit a tennis ball that is served to you (I got 3 in the court, 4 more out of the court   :yuck:).
   - And lastly, pick up spares in bowling.  I did well on this.
I was given a fitness age of 66!    rofl 

3) wii fit:  I tried several of the balance games for a couple minutes each, (I seem to aim for the SHOES instead of the soccer balls) after I did the body test.
BMI and weight were exactly what was expected, too heavy.   :)
BUT amazingly, the test for fitness age gave me a 32 and the silly machine told me I am in great condition.     rofl    rofl   

Ok.  It can't make up its mind....am I older or younger than my physical years?   rofl

This system is just fun!
It will have you aching in places you did not know WOULD ache.
Just a few minutes playing with this thing and I feel it! 

If you get a chance to try one of these things, do it. 
And best of all, it will have you laughing and feeling foolish. 
Look forward to my next opportunity to play with one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:10:16 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:08 AM »
Just got the new game JUST DANCE!  I suck at it but laugh all the time I am dancing.  FUN!  
Am taking my little game unit and some games to my mother's house for christmas.  I am the YOUNGEST member of the family  :ss-shocked: so it will be fun to see my family play with it....
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )