Author Topic: Studio 60  (Read 8509 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Studio 60
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:12:06 PM »
I will be sorry to see this one end.  The writing is fast paced and humorous.

Nothing else in the Monday 10pm slot this past year out did the ratings.  NBC did everything they could to kill the show... Sad to see, especially since they keep DUMBER shows with less ratings on the air...  Having a show that is politically incorrect that also depicts network brass in a bad light did not win friends/support at the network. Loved the Christmas episode with the New Orleans jazz musicians...  Ah well...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:35:22 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Studio 60
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
Tonight is the last episode.  :'(  Will pop some popcorn and grab some grape koolaid and throughly enjoy it.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:53:08 PM »
Awe ((((((((((Sam!))))))))) How was it? What happened? Are you as satisfied with the end of it as I was with the end of the Sopranos?
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
No. Yes....
They knew when they were shooting it that it was a good chance that they would not be renewed so everything was tied up in a neat bow and finished well.  A bit toooo nicely...

Beware....rant ahead..... >:( >:( >:( :banghead: >:( >:(
I just feel cheated.  Studio 60 was a well written, intelligent, fast-paced, irreverent show that poked fun at politics, religion, tv networks, media, ratings, advertisers, race, comedians, you name it. It always caused discussions and was though provoking.  No one was safe from witty barbs and snappy retorts. The SNL type skits could have been better (for the show within the show) but that was only one tiny part of it. It's sad that a show that did decently (not highest, not lowest of time slot) gets pulled, put back on different day after months of hiatus and no advertising and was generally treated like trash by the network. Yet the same network champions "fast food tv", cheap crap that does half as well in the ratings, and adds nothing to our lives or thoughts.  Grump Grump. 

I will be buying some of the episodes from Itunes at some point. I know I want the Christmas episode and the Cold Open. They were terrific and I want the ability to see them again. For $1.99 a piece, I will be able to do that!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »
Yeah too bad advertising dollars control more of what we see than ratings - and there are so many ad/Hollywood insider things going on that its more like politics than entertainment. Who knows who, who gives the best deals, etc. matter more than what people would like to spend their spare time watching. 1.99 ? wow I didn't know that was all episodes cost. That is a great deal.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »
$34.99 for 21 shows on season pass.  Other shows are similarly priced. 
For a favorite show, it's an inexpensive way to get it.  Especially one that will probably never be released in any other format.

From itunes: 
For as little as $1.99, you can own the latest episode of your favorite show just one day after it airs, or purchase past episodes that you might have missed (or want to watch over and over). Choose a Season Pass and get a whole season of a TV show, past or present, at a discount. Or buy multi-passes for shows that air every day like “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and enjoy a month’s worth of episodes downloaded automatically to your Mac or PC.

Watch in higher resolution. All TV shows and other video content are now available in 640-by-480 resolution — four times better than before. That’s ideal for connecting your computer or video-enabled iPod to your TV and watching your shows with friends and family.

UPDATE:   Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, the complete series (one season) 22 episodes + commentary is being PRESOLD by AMAZON.COM for $41.99 with free shipping.  The item is being released October 16th and I will get it a couple days later, just before my birthday.  :cake: :kickdancing:  I don't collect tv shows. Too expensive!  Would rather put the $$ towards computer toys.  BUTthere's an exception to every rule...this one I got!  Decided that it was worth it in this format so I am not dependant on the ITUNE software to play the show.  I will be able to play dvds for a while on computer AND on dvd player.  :boogie: 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:20:06 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 03:35:18 AM »
Oh way cool!  8) Sam, if you get it a few days before your bd - then what date is your bd? I ask because my daughter's is Oct 19 and it sounds like yours is around there.. ??

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
Amazon has free shipping with slower delivery.  If I am waiting for something til October, I was willing to go with slower delivery. :D  I have always gotten my stuff on the early side of the estimates. So far Amazon has been a terrific store!
  • Shipping estimate for these items:  October 22, 2007
  • Delivery estimate:  October 29, 2007 - November 2, 2007

I am a scorpio, so my birthday falls later than your daughters.  ;)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »
I got my Studio 60 DVDs yesterday.  22 episodes plus a walk-around through the set (was taped before the series was made!)   :boogie: :kickdancing: :boogie:   Amazon.com comes through again faster than was estimated.  Not able to watch them yet, but now I CAN and that's what is important.

A Favorite TV quote: Cal (Studio 60):
"I am taking this seriously! I've got the animal kingdom axis of evil under there." 
[snake got under the stage, sent ferret to get snake, sent a coyote to get the ferret and NO animals were hurt in the filming of Harriet Dinner 1, Episode 13.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:52:29 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 07:16:08 PM »
GRATS Sammy - I know you will enjoy them thoroughly!