General Category > FUN AND GAMES

My 55 Word Story

(1/3) > >>

SafariWoman:
This is kind of fun.. easy rules.. write anything you want but it can only contain 55 words. It can be fictional or real and you can write as many times as you want when the mood strikes.. lol

Here is one from me for starters:

I was just signing off to go to bed, when suddenly I heard a noise outside of my window. I listened carefully as the crunching sound came closer. My pounding heart felt like it would jump out of my chest when it's bloody head appeared to stare in at me. It screamed, LET ME IN!

Samrc:
Wait.....let me understand....is this one long continuous story to which we each contribute pieces?
Do we add to your original story, continuing the same plot, with our own variation like a soap opera/horror/scifi/romance/drama/story all rolled into one?

Or do we have our own little 55 word story about anything we want?  I don't understand!

[Edited:  now it has exactly 55 words....!]

SafariWoman:
If you had added four more words you would have had your first 55 word story  rofl

It doesn't matter.. make up your own fiction..... expand on what someone else writes.. .. write something real that is going on... a poem.. anything as long as each entry is 55 words.. :) (LIKE THIS ONE IS counting the 55s)  :yes: :D

SafariWoman:
I was just sitting here thinking about what Valentines Day means to me and thought I would drop in and share it with you here. Tomorrow I will have cleaning day as usual and hope that at best I might get Chinese food brought home instead of the usual cleaning day Kentucky Fried Chicken. Sigh.

Ed:
Where does the 55 number come from? Is there a significance to the figure 55 or maybe it is just arbitrarily sufficient to make a story. When I was a kid the stories used to start with "once upon a time...". Well lets see is that 55 words? No, they add to fifity four.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version