Author Topic: Modifying the Top Border  (Read 3750 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Modifying the Top Border
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:51 AM »
I'm tweaking some of my CSB web pages for easy viewing on an iPad.

One of them is at http://amr1.org/ipad.htm

The whole site uses the CSB template (or whatever the proper name is) that has the greenish stuff at the top. For this page and a few others, I'd like the top border (with the greenish stuff) to be shorter from top to bottom. I could use something completely different, but I'd like to keep the same look and feel throughout the site. Best would be if I could just crop some stuff off the bottom of the border.

1) Can what I want be done?

2) How?

3) It seems this forum has REALLY slowed down. CSB still does everything I need it to do, but sooner or later I need to migrate away from it. What's your latest opinion on what to do?

Lou Sander

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Modifying the Top Border
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »
CSB is stable so current users do not come here unless they change machines and panic because they can not load v3 into Win 7. Otherwise, people just continue to do what they have always done. Or have changed to other software.  Majority still use CSB and will till it breaks.  
But this forum will remain even after CSB is gone. Some of us have fun on the games, and I still get lots of hits from other features of the site. I expect to make more tutorials for a couple other builders too.

Sure you can do what you want!  You can do anything you want to the backgrounds and borders.  Even modify other templates and make them fit CSB pages.  Some things take more practice then others.  What you need this time is easy! 
You need to keep the standard formatting in place for some pages, but make others with adjusted borders so you do not want to permanently delete or adjust the CSB template.  So for your situation, simply create a new "page layout" and apply it to any page that requires it.
1. Preview or publish a page with any borders you need (top, left, right, bottom) turned ON.
2. Go to the page in your browser and right click on the border image to save as to your own machine (on your desktop for quickest retrieval)
3. Using a photo editor, adjust the image height as necessary. (In this case, I would crop the top edge so the bottom line remains). Save a new copy of the image.
4. Open CSB, Open your tlx design file
5. Go to your IPAD page
6. On the CSB Toolbar, Click FORMAT > EDIT PAGE LAYOUTS
7. Click  NEW PAGE LAYOUT
8. Base it on the page layout you already are using and give it a new name (not too long!)
9. Right click the top border PROPERTIES > BACKGROUND and change the image for the top border to the new image you made.  Adjust the height of the border.
OK and click FINISHED when done.

To apply that new page layout to any page, Click FORMAT > APPLY PAGE LAYOUT and choose the new layout you made.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:44:26 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Modifying the Top Border
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »
Have you considered making the map on that page interactive with rollover hot spots?
Like this one http://www.samisite.com/photo/imagemap.htm

Might be a nice feature.
If you have Paint Shop Pro I know you can do it.  Other programs do it too.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )