Author Topic: Targeting from within iFrames  (Read 3449 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Targeting from within iFrames
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »
Hi

I've set up an iFrame on my website, the frame pulls a contact form though it, when the form is completed and the send button is clicked it then pulls the thank you page through into the iFrame.

On the thank you page and asside from the Thank you I've got a link that says please continue (as in continue browsing) the problem is that when the link is clicked the home page loads into the iFrame!

What I'm wanting to do is that when the link is clicked the entire page refreshes and loads up as if it's being visited for the first time in other words I want to target the home page but I don't want it loading in the iFrame

Here's the link to the page in question, hope you can help

http://www.conservatorydesignsltd.co.uk/indexb.html

Please note that this site is still under test so any emails submitted will go straight to a test account I'm using that is the site ownere won't see these emails.

Many thanks
Patrick

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Targeting from within iFrames
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
That is easily resolved if you can edt the link on the reply page.

Take a look at the iframes in detail test page, scroll down to IFRAME5 to test different style links.
If you can put a target="_top" into the link, it will replace the current page that holds the iframe, remaining on the same window, breaking the iframe container.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
Re: Targeting from within iFrames
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:47:07 AM »
Many, many thanks, that did the trick :TUP: