Author Topic: Stop Swish from repeating  (Read 4789 times)

Offline hidden

Stop Swish from repeating
« on: December 24, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
I have the logo  http://www.bostonairinc.com/id2.htm working but it is repeating as you can see.
How do I stop the repeating?
In the Swish "Movie" I unchecked the repeat feature (I think) but still get the repeat.
I use Swish2, CSB5, Vista Home edition

Arthur H

Offline hidden

Re: Stop Swish from repeating
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:09:29 AM »
As I keep trying to solve this problen, now I get nothing.
Below is a copy of my email to Swish. Maybe you can shed some light as well.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Swish 2 work or is it compatibile with Vista Home Edition?
The reason I ask is I re-learned the slide in effect which when played back in swish seems to work ok but when I try to place it in my website (using CSB5 & it's own publication feature) via CSB% "insert HTML placing the HTML (copied to clipboard then modified with th ^GEMDIR/ in 2 places the selecting the SWF file in additional files. This results in no movie loaded in other words a blank shown.
So my original question of : Is Swish2 compatibile with Vista?
Thanks
Arthur
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got any ideas?
Thanks
Arthur

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »
Don't insert your flash using CSB.  Instead, follow the directions for METHOD 2 on this page.  Use your FILE MANAGER or similar utility at your web host or FTP software to upload the flash file to your website.  Then put UNALTERED code into a regular Insert HTML box (as discussed in Method 2) for your best results. This method is also best when you have links in the flash piece, ex menus, etc.

As to making your ad continuously loop or stop is based on the way you build the flash.  You will notice that on all my examples on that page, they play once and stop. Last frame has the choice to replay. On the last frame of the scene, on the SCENE line of the timeline, I have inserted a STOP.  THis is what my script looks like for that event:
onFrame (334, afterPlacedObjectEvents) {
    stop();
}

I upgraded to swishmax then swishmax2 when they were having sales.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 03:54:28 PM »
Thanks Sam for your reply. I kept changing etc and finally have it working. http://www.bostonairinc.com/id2.htm
It's almost scary since I'am not sure what I did but none the less it works.
BTW all this was published by using the CSB5 publisher.
That leads me to 2 questions.
1. NOT using a FTP program how would I do Method 2? I'am confused with those instructions.
2. Does this mean that somewhere in time I will no longer have CSB5 Publishing which as you know publishes the tlx file (or what ever the extension is)?
Arthur

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 11:15:57 PM »
1) Method 2 requires you to upload the flash (swf) file outside of CSB.  Either use FTP software or upload in another way. Sign into your host and look around for the features they offer you.  Each host is different but most web hosts have a file manager or some control panel that allows you to upload a file to your website. Usually it is only one or two files at a time. Not practical for publishing several pages, but it's just fine for uploading movies, flash, sound, etc.  Files like that just add weight and slow down the CSB file. It is more practical to upload them in a different way rather than depend on CSB. Also makes it very easy to update that file if you need to.  Code stays same in CSB, just replace the file with another one of the same name!

FTP software is VERY EASY to use.  If you can use Windows Explorer to look at your My Documents folder (to see the files and folders) then you can use an FTP software.  COREFTP has a lovely free FTP software. There are others too.  The very basic functions of all of them allow you to see YOUR computer on one side of the screen, and the website computer on the other. [I have some information about FTP software in general and a few screen shots but maybe I should make a specific tutorial for CoreFTP to help folks get started.]   Can be very intimidating, but really is not difficult at all to use the basic functions!

2) Well.  The ability to use CSB is a totally separate issue. CSB works now and will work for a while longer but for how long?? Please read this thread for further discussion on THAT topic
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )