Author Topic: happy new year  (Read 3647 times)

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
happy new year
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:41:32 PM »
I haven't posted in awhile but I hope to always be in touch. To Sami ... your peel off home page is way cool but it was taking forever to get past the peeling. I had to x out and start over. But I got to the forum to say Happy New Year to everyone!
     I am helping a friend build a website and I decided to leave cutesitebuilder behind and "move ahead." I am learning to use sitespinner and I might as well work together with my friend and we can both learn as we go. I am also messing around with wysiwyg web builder. I believe it was last year when I asked Sami how long we could keep using cute. I think the time is approaching when we will have to leave a good friend behind. But it really wouldn't be leaving cute (trellix) behind since I learned how to make websites with trellix and cute. Trellix and cute gave me the foundation to build on. We really never leave our past...we build on it to make it better.
    I got Doc Watson on the stereo ... I got a new guitar ... I am headed off to jam with him ... Happy New Year everyone! Tom in Oregon

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: happy new year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 11:55:32 PM »
your peel off home page is way cool but it was taking forever to get past the peeling. I had to x out and start over
Actually the PAGE itself is overloaded with a ton of junk that needs to be pruned.  I adjusted the larger image (grainer but lighter to load) just in case.

Yes, several of us are considering Site Spinner, and I will be adding SS tutorials to Samisite so I can continue to support folks.  The contributors on this forum use different software so we really DON't have to move away...Just move up!

Enjoy your new guitar!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 12:15:27 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:07:41 AM »
Actually Tom makes a very good point which I had not fully realised before. Even though I have moved on to DW, it was Trellix and CSB which gave me the foundation skills and knowledge in web building. I am not sure I would have had the confidence to take on DW without that Trellix/CSB experience.

I also decided to buy SS Pro as this seems to be shaping up as one of the preferred alternatives to CSB. I particularly like the option to design a site which will be formatted for both regular browser access and mobile viewing, which will be automatically recognised by the device used to access the site. I just managed to get in with the discount price!

BTW Sam, your peel-off corner worked perfectly for me, using broadband.

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 03:34:34 AM »
Actually Tom makes a very good point which I had not fully realised before. Even though I have moved on to DW, it was Trellix and CSB which gave me the foundation skills and knowledge in web building. I am not sure I would have had the confidence to take on DW without that Trellix/CSB experience.

I TOTALLY AGREE with both of you.
CSB made it possible to "ease" into web building.  Get confidence by trying out new techniques slowly and with help from others.  Building samisite came out of learning new techniques, trying new scripts for myself and others.  Just like the page curl I just added!  :boogie:

If I had the $$$ for Dreamweaver, I would try to learn it.  Just can't afford to buy it.  :(

Nice to hear Rick.  Works for me on 3 machines, 4 browser versions.
I KNOW my home page breaks every rule there is!  And the worst problem is it is just tooooooo heavy.  Takes WAY too long to load that thing on a dial up.  I really do need to prune it back to just a bit too heavy.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
Happy New Year..

And good luck with spinner.. I have built over two dozen sites with it and it is very easy. Thy just released pro and I am upgrading to that. It will allow sites to be built to be compatible with phones etc as well. I really like it and wish you luck. Not to draw you away from sammisite but they also have a great forum and some nice people. But nobody has as nice of a forum as Sammy! lol  :hearts:

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
Wanda  ((HUG))  :hearts:  You say the sweetest things.
They have an active forum and that is very attractive to CSB users.   This forum may not be necessary to assist SS people...time will tell.  As I learn functions of the SS Pro, I will add tutorials to samisite and/or modify EXISTING tutorials to include SS information also
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »
Hppay Nwe Yaer form me 2  :boogie:
:dogwalksm: Ed