Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 7016 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Dexter
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is as intrigued with this show as I am. Love the writing, love the cast, love the directors and love the premise even though it is a bit creepy. The ethical questions it raises are interesting to me and the background history of Dexter's childhood requires thought to determine how one feels about the character at any given minute. It is the only show that I try to be sure and catch or record.
 :clapping:
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Dexter
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
Ok Wanda. 
I saw a couple episodes on CSB and though it is creepy, it has such interesting concepts.  I am hooked.
My brother has the DVD's of the first season and let me borrow them. Working my way through now. 
Dexter is really quite a moral man in his own way.  Choosing to not hurt his 'girfriend' or sister often sparing their feelings even when he claims to have none himself.  He chooses to cull only the BAD people, making the world a little safer while quenching his thirst for the kill.

Fascinating! Creative writing and the guy that plays Dexter is so well chosen for the part!   :clapping:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
WooHoo! I am not alone! lol I have one other friend who likes it and most everyone else won't give it a try as soon as they hear what it is about they think they won't be into it. I would have never guessed I would be into it either. lol I agree with everything you have said. I can't wait for season three. And right now if you get showtime they are going through all of the shows up through season two which is just so dynamic and hair raising every episode. ( ps I asked for season 1 as a Xmas present lol and watched every episode in less than a week - I have never done something like that before. ) Michael Hall just absolutely makes the show believable. I think al lof the cast is very realistic. His sister gets a lot of flack for bad acting but I think that is her take on the awkward feeling woman that she plays. The moral questions it raises are what keep me tuning in - it sort of reminds me of the sceen in Apocolypse now where the hero was questioning the morality of sending a sniper to kill a murderer during a war... I mean it is a bit puzzling that - as is Dexter's situation. Awww thanks for telling me. Now I have someone else to wonder about it with .. lol Glad you gave it a try - It just keeps getting better so you have a lot to look forward to. :)

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
No, you are not alone!!
Sorry, I ìm reading this thread only now... :-[

Dexter is my favorite TV series!! First was 24 until i became a telenovela, CSI (Vegas preferred), Criminal Minds and Cold Cases are also on my appreciated list. Now 'Lie to Me' has captured my attention as well as Flash Forward. Here in Italy we are one or two seasons behind respecting USA. Lie to Me and Flash Forward have just started, while Dexter has initiated his third season, so far we have seen three episodes of it, and to say the truth, they have deluded me a bit. Hope not become also a soap.
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
Tony, you have listed MY favorite shows this season:
- Lie to Me is facinating!  Look forward to the flashes of real people expressions.  I stop everything to watch this one... needs my full attention so I don't miss anything.
- Flash Forward is like a cross of 4400 and Damages giving you glimpses of the future and the show develops filling in those glimpses.  Very interesting.

Dexter....LOVE this show!!! This is on the special pay channels that I do not get to watch it normally. I got to watch all of season 1 on DVD. Last year when our cable company gave away a free month of 2 premium channels, I saw whole 3rd season of Dexter in one weekend. Was so good. NOT a soap opera Tony. Still Dexter, with more complications...
I missed season 2 completely.  Will have to rent it sometime to fill in what I have not seen.
Season 4 has already started here...don't know when I will get to see it.  :'(    
Saw a GREAT preview for season 4 but won't link to it since you have not seen all of season 3 yet.

Used to watch Criminal Minds (till lead changed), CSI (vegas) remains good but I can do other things while it is on and not feel bad about it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:55:11 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 07:46:52 AM »
Well I can tell you at least this. Season 3 in my opinoin was a bit slower paced than season 2 but it definitely was not a soap opera! lol And season 4! Wowowow! Season 4 may be the best season yet. I won't give anything away except to say I have been on the edge of my seat since it started. I just love this show! It is still the only thing I watch as a series and most of the time the only thing I watch at all each week while it is on. I still don't really do Tv - anyway. When ever you get to see it, you will LOVE season 4!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:34:18 AM »
And season 4! Wowowow! Season 4 may be the best season yet.

Rub it in Wanda!  So jealous over here....!  
John Lithgow was a good choice in that preview movie on YouTube.
Wish Wish Wish Wish I could afford to add showtime but just not possible.
Saving up to get new tires and a maintenance my auto.  Gotta keep it running smoothly.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:42:11 AM »
Look forward to season 4, In the meantime I will watch No. 3, hoping that the next episodes will be better than the first three seen so far.  ;)

Sami, last week I also cut part of my cable TV package :(. I left only series (FOX, Jimmy, Hallmark, AXN, etc.) and Discovery & Co.... (plus a lot of junk "free" channels)

BTW, just to compare, I pay +/- €20,00 /month for this package (SKY TV). How much does it cost in USA? ($)
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
I pay $45/mo (68 euro) for extended basic cable.  That means standard junk channels and some extras like Hallmark, Bravo, etc.  I get no extra sports, movie or specialty channels but the extended gives me far more for the money than just basic.  The living room TV has the good connection with the box so IF I want to rent a movie, I can. The bedrooms get only basic channels. I have a combo package that gives me my cable internet connection too so my monthly charge with taxes is $110/mo ($165 euros). Showtime, HBO and all the other "premium" stations are WAY out of my budget!!!  I hurt to pay the bill I have.

I used a tower antenna until about 4-5 years ago (free tv). FINALLY upgraded from dialup modem to cable and FINALLY added cable tv to my home.  Yes.  Last one to do it in my town!  
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:29:39 PM »
Sami, $45 is only 30 Euro.  :)
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »
 ???
Good to know.... Should have taken a screen shot of the conversion done by the website.  It specifically said x = y and I typed them in.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 10:46:07 PM »
Sorry didn't mean to rub it in..  :noshake:   Just hope you stay enthused enough to see it when you can. You won't be sorry. Season 3 builds slowly season 4 starts with a bang and keeps it up so far through the first four shows - every show. I admit I was a little dissapointed in season 3 until it was over and I missed it so badly again.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 03:55:09 AM »
Today exchange:

$1 = € 1,50299 (1 USD = 0.665341 EUR)

(http://www.xe.com/ucc/)

When I came here, ten years ago, $1,00 was €0,89 !! today is €1,50...