Author Topic: Iframe scroll menu will not interact with swap image.  (Read 3866 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
Iframe scroll menu will not interact with swap image.
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
I've created a main page in which I have inserted an iframe of several thumbnails intended to be a menu. On the same main page, I have included a swap image. The iframe itself works in so far as each thumbnail displays behaviours previously attached but it will not interact with the swap image. Can anyone help?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Iframe scroll menu will not interact with swap image.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
Not sure what you mean "swap" image. 
Are the menu items on the main page above/below/beside the iframe or on the content page INSIDE your iframe?
Do you expect those buttons to change the contents of the iframe? or swap an image, or???
Please define what are you want to do.  Ex.  Click this ___ and ___ should happen.. etc.

Please provide the address where we can see what you have done so we can advise.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:05:09 AM »
The thumbnails which represent the menu are inside the iframe which in turn is on a main page. Above the iframe is an 'swap image' which should change when the user presses any one of the thumbnails. All the behaviours attached to each thumbnail (via the original webpage) are fully functional except the 'swap image' feature.

The reason I want to use this method is to contain the thumbnail menu within a limited space so as not to clog up the main page.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
You still have not provided the page where you have put this. And without looking at the code I don't know what is or isn't working.  "swap image" might be a piece of javascript, another iframe, or other function. There is no way to know what or why till we see your page.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:43:37 AM »
I've uploaded a file called index2.html on the site below to give you an idea of the effect I am trying to achieve.

http://wantaroom.tripod.com/index2.html

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:46:16 AM »
I'm still struggling to achieve the desired effect. Anyone able to help with this iframe problem?