Author Topic: I highly recommend glFusion  (Read 17795 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
I highly recommend glFusion
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »
Hi All

Not a frigent user here but thought I could add something here.  I have found that glFusion is one of the best maintained and supported CMS out there.  I have built two sites with it and its a teriffic product.  Has all the plugins you would need for most sites, forum, Media Gallery, PM system, links, calendar(Private and Public) and captcha.  There are more and the system is very flexable and easy to configure as you want it.  They have a menu builder that is second to none and more coming in the near future.  Documentation is first class and adds a lot to making this the CMS to go to.  Updates are very easy to do and the maintainence on the site is very easy.  I recommend it for any one looking to build a site quick and easy.

Check out my site Lee's Fishing Page
and glFusion site glFusion

Thanks for listening to me rant about this product.
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: I highly recommend glFusion
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
Thanks for the review. 
I remember when you had a CSB/Trellix page.
Nice transition!
Will leave your links intact.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
Nice job Lee
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »
You all need to check out my site again and also go to glFusion site, this product is awesome.  I just updated my site to 1.2.2.pl2 and it took just 5 minutes to update to PL2.  This product is kept uptodate on a very regular basis and that is why I like the software so much.  And developement is always going on.

Thanks Again
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
Looks Great.  Glad for the reminder of the recommendation and to know that the update process is painless. 
Upgrading this forum recently was not so painless so I am pleased to hear that your transition went so smoothly.
Spent some time wandering the http://www.glfusion.org/ website.  Documentation and active support forum too.
You have convinced me to give this a try should I get another project anytime soon!
 :clapping:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »
Sammy

You will love this software if you give it a try.  If you have any questions just ask, I would be glade to help if I can, if not able to help I can point you in the right direction for help.  Mark and Eric are great over at glFusion.

Thanks for the nice words.

Thanks
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
It is easy to compliment your site. You have done a terrific job with it.   :clapping:
And knowing that you went from CSB to a CMS product, and have upgraded well shows your skills.

I have a friend with a site built with an online builder, that is really not attractive at all.
He has no sense of colors (bright red links on a turquoise background (makes links strobe).
I might try drafting a page or two of his site with this program to get the feel of the program.

Thank you for the offer of assistance!  :TUP:  Never know, I might take you up on it.
Though I have used a ton of web software over the years, the people I have met through CSB/Trellix have always been the best!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
Wonderful video about the Cutthroat on your site Lee.  :TUP:
Best 30 minutes I spent in a long time. The conservationists are doing a very important job.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
It is easy to compliment your site. You have done a terrific job with it.   :clapping:
And knowing that you went from CSB to a CMS product, and have upgraded well shows your skills.

I have a friend with a site built with an online builder, that is really not attractive at all.
He has no sense of colors (bright red links on a turquoise background (makes links strobe).
I might try drafting a page or two of his site with this program to get the feel of the program.

Thank you for the offer of assistance!  :TUP:  Never know, I might take you up on it.
Though I have used a ton of web software over the years, the people I have met through CSB/Trellix have always been the best!

Hi Sammi

Just wondering if you tried glFusion.  Personnally I would love to hear good things about it, as I have become a true believer of the package.  The documentation is good for a free piece of software and the support is very good.  Just wondering if you have done anything.

Sammi please go to my site and register as a user and use the (PM) system to let me know what you have done.  If you need help that is the best way to get in touch with me.  I feel you are good enough of a web person that you will not have any problems, but I am here if you need some help.

Thanks
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
I have not started to play with this. Schedule has been really tight, not allowing me the opportunity to give it a try.  I do have it on my wishlist for things to do.  And will get to it. But realistically, probably not till some time after the the 1st qtr of next year. I have many things I MUST accomplish in this next 6 months and they are very time consuming. Once they are off the list I can breathe easier and play with things like this.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »
Just touching base and hoping everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year.  Let me know when you give the software a try, would love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »
Happy New Year (and belated merry Christmas) to you too Lee. :wave:

I am tied up these days. Working an unfamiliar new job and living in two places these days and traveling between the two... really leaves very little time to test software of any type unfortunately.  I have it on my radar but no time to investigate till my life settles into a new pattern again.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Life in the Slow Lane
    • Lee's Fishing Page
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »
Sammy

Have you had any time yet to try glFusion, they are working on 1.3 of the software and it should release soon.  I think this is going to make things even easier and nices with the new release.  You may want to wait until it is released before you start testing it.  I will try and let you know when it is released.

Thanks
Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, ME  04001