Author Topic: Problem with pasting text into page.  (Read 2577 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Happy 2 B Here
Problem with pasting text into page.
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
Hello Sami and all,

I hope someone sees this and has an idea what is happening to me.

I have a problem I have never had before with a new site I am currently building. When I copy and paste information from Word 2010 it pastes with in a white box and is not editable. When I tested it on a current site I find it is doing the same thing.

I have been using CSB since the Trellix days and have never had this happen before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
KAHSR

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Happy 2 B Here
Problem With Copy/Paste Of Text
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Hello Sami and all,

I hope someone sees this and has an idea what is happening to me.

I have a problem I have never had before with a new site I am currently building. When I copy and paste information from Word 2010 it pastes with in a white box and is not editable. When I tested it on a current site I find it is doing the same thing.

I have been using CSB since the Trellix days and have never had this happen before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
KAHSR

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Problem with pasting text into page.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
I merged your posts.  We read all the boards so it isn't necessary to post the same question multiple times.  :)  And besides, that causes problems for answering.

I also got an email from you.  I responded to that to say YES, we do look at the forum.   :) 

I have never run into the issue you are having.  I have both CSB and Word 2010 on my system and would be glad to test.  Maybe the formatting changes (Word has changed drastically since Trellix was issued). 

My first thought is the new DOCX Word file is the new format and may have the compatibility problem. Since we did not have any reports of this issue with Word 2003 or earlier, this may fix your problem:

Open your Word file and FILE SAVE AS and change the format to Word 97-2003 DOC format. You might want to give the DOC file a new name.  Close the file and open the DOC older format document and try to copy/paste from that document. 

Second thought... FILE SAVE as an RTF (rich text) and this again would remove formatting that CSB would not understand, but would keep basic settings like bolding, font size.  Try to paste from the RTF file to CSB.

If you want to give me your WORD file, I will test and see what is causing issue and how to work around it.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Happy 2 B Here
Re: Problem with pasting text into page.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »
Hi Sami and all,

Thanks for getting back to me  :TUP:. I didn't see any posts since 2012 and was afraid folks had moved on from our ole tried and true CSB.

I have been using Word 2010 for 1 1/2 years now w/o a problem at all. This just started to happen to me a couple of months ago. It really doesn't make any sense to me at all I am so bummed. I just can't live w/o my copy paste option.

I am unable to figure out how to attach an image so you can see exactly what I see when I paste something into my page.

Just a note; I did try both doc and rtf with no change.

Thanks again for writing back to me. I am sooo happy you are still helping diehards in the CSB community  :hapscream:.

Ken
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:40:42 AM by KAHSR »
KAHSR