SPECIAL TOPICS > Forums

setting a category under a board topic

(1/4) > >>

SafariWoman:
Sam - like under your graphics board where categories are listed - I can't figure out how to do it -  :surrender: have tried several things.. can you tell me how? THANKS!

SafariWoman:
ahhhhhhhhh Sami never mind its a child board I was asking about. der!  I really thought I tried it and it didn't look like yours but I may have accidentally hit place after rather than child of.

OOps :-[

Samrc:
Yes...CHILDREN are welcome on SMF boards  :D

(I tweaked my CODE to say CATEGORIES instead of Child Boards on the index page because I really disliked seeing CHILD BOARDS.  Much prefer CATEGORIES, even though they are the same thing.  ;))

SafariWoman:
I agree Sam, the term child board is not the best and also a bit confusing. There are pirvate areas for kids and teens in the forum I am setting up and I bet a few people will think that it means those boards are for children at first glance. I would change mine if I could figure out where or find the time to lol. The things I have had to do to make this site work under the SSL level and the time it has taken to figure it out has been taxing. Plus the forum took me a whole day and a half to set up due to the number of child boards and types of memberships. I am almost done with this project and I can hardly wait for it to be over! It should have been two weeks ago.. well over as much as it can be.

Samrc:

--- Quote ---I bet a few people will think that it means those boards are for children at first glance
--- End quote ---
YUP!  :yes:

--- Quote ---I would change mine if I could figure out where
--- End quote ---

When I get home, I can look at my notes about WHAT FILE to adjust.  It's one tiny entry and easy.

UPDATE.... Ok. Like I said, TINY entry in only one file:

--- Code: ---In index.english.php of your theme find:

CHANGE THIS:
$txt['parent_boards'] = 'Child Boards';

TO THIS:
$txt['parent_boards'] = 'Categories';
--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version