Author Topic: Table/cell text formating  (Read 3810 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
Table/cell text formating
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »
Hi.
I am using CSB 5  to build my web site. On some pages I am using tables to show information. My problem is that some of the column headings are quite long. Does anyone know of a way in CSB that I can format the direction of the text in a cell to run vertically thus making the column narrower? ???
Thanks.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Table/cell text formating
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
Sorry....That's not technically possible.

CSB has an interface that is very much like a word-processor.  We can do things in it that are NOT supported by browsers, example use fonts that are not universally available.  But the makers of the program wisely choose NOT to give us the option for sideways font. 

Browsers have limitations on what and how they can display information.  Direction of text is one of those things that causes problems going from browser to browser...

But the good news is that you can workaround this limitation. 
Just like when you want to use a non-standard font and still have everyone see YOUR design the way YOU intended, you can make an IMAGE of the text in a sideways vertical alignment and put it at the head of your table.  Take a look at this page about font and images....

The second image example can be done in CSB by adjusting the LINE HEIGHT (space between paragraphs) to tighten the text and centering text in the column but is better done with an image.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:48:38 AM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »
Thanks Sami. You have saved me a lot of time.  :D

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
glad to help  :yes:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )