Author Topic: Re: "Lost" CSB Software - Need to reinstall  (Read 7709 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Re: "Lost" CSB Software - Need to reinstall
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:22:06 AM »
Hi All,,,,,I recently upgraded my computer and in doing so "lost" the CSB software with help from Sami I ahve meneged to redownload and am now up and running on all my websites. I'm sure Sami will post her reply to help other who may experience the same problem.This forum will be great help in the future
Thank you
Terry

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Re: "Lost" CSB Software - Need to reinstall
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »
If you have had to restore your computer, move to another computer, etc and no longer have CSB:

You can
1) redownload the software here:
http://www.globalscape.com/support/csb.aspx
Get ONLY the version YOU had before (CSB3, CSB4, or CSB5). 
2) If you have the SERIAL NUMBER written down you can unlock it and keep working on your website. The serial number will only unlock the version you had before.

GlobalSCAPE has a way to get your serial number if you don't have it written down.  All you need is the email address that was used to purchase the software.  http://www.globalscape.com/support/
They can send the info to any email addy, as long as you know the ORIGINAL email addy.

If you have the TLX design file(s) that were used to build your site, you can begin to edit and publish once you input your HOST information (like ftp, url, username, password, etc).

If you do not have the TLX design file(s) then you will need to COPY PASTE your website content into a new design file and republish OR switch to a different software and build new pages.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
Re: Re: "Lost" CSB Software - Need to reinstall
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »
I recently changed computers and had to re-install CSB3, I imported my previous files from my old harddrive and everything seems to be ok except that the "Export and Preview" and the "Publish" Icons are grayed out and inoperable.  HELP :v8slap:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 03:04:12 PM »
Merged topics because it is the same issue.

Please follow the instructions in the post above. 
Download the program FRESH from GlobalSCAPE and INSTALL the software. 

You can not just copy the PROGRAM FILES folder from one machine to the other to use the product.  CSB must be put into the registry during the installation process to allow preview and publish.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »
I did download it from the Cute Site web site

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »
Most likely, you have passed your 30 consecutive day free trial period and the program is now locked.
You must UNLOCK the program using your serial number.

- HELP ABOUT will tell you if you are registered...if a serial number is in the screen you are unlocked.  If you see an option on HELP menu for registration that is NOT grayed out, you have not registered/unlocked yet. Do it.
- Lost your serial number?  Contact GlobalSCAPE on the same page. 
- If you DID install and unlocked it, and still do not have the publish/preview option, then you should REINSTALL using the file from the link above.  Please note that You can not uninstall/reinstall to get a new 30 days on the program.  Registry entries will prevent that.

This exact same issue was reported by another CSB3 user this week on the GlobalSCAPE forum and their issue was timed out trial removed the PREVIEW and PUBLISH from the FILE menu.  Once the serial number was put in, the program was unlocked and all functions were available again.

Are you on VISTA?
If so please take a look at this thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:11:37 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 06:28:41 PM »
I re-installed CSB3 - entered the serial # -sent the info to my registry AND it still does not allow me inot "Export & Preview" and "Publish" :surrender:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
CSB 3 will not work on Vista.  CSB 4 and CSB 5 require another step to get to work.  Please read this thread
-Samantha