Author Topic: Turtle  (Read 5393 times)

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
    • The Slagles
Turtle
« on: November 24, 2007, 05:53:07 PM »
Don lost his battle with cancer last night.  I met him years ago on the original CSB/Trellix forum and he always was there and ready to help.  He shared my love of animals and exchanged links with me on our pet web sites.

He was a moderator on the Total Choice Hosting Forum.  Bruce posted a message there.  http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33862&hl=

I just don't know what to say.

Jim

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Turtle
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »
Don (Turtle) had been battling a recurrence of cancer for years.  And yet this is still unexpected.

Some of us had access to a private journal he was keeping, discussing his surgeries, explaining his treatments, his good days and bad days.  He was an absolutely amazing man!  And thankfully, he had some really terrific doctors that gave him some time with his family.  He was doing so well for so long.  More will and fight in him than anyone else I have ever known. Even with everything he has gone through, he still strived for a normal life. He still wanted to help others!

I considered him my mentor. He was one of the first to great me at the very old Trellix Cafe.  Though many people helped to build my skills, Don was the one that encouraged me most, gently guiding and pushing me to grow.  Always with a positive attitude. Always with kindness.  And he did the same with many others.

He encouraged me to start this forum and was my conscience. He will remain the voice in my head as this forum continues.  His voice will still be heard in posts that are copied from earlier days.

Don was a true gentleman.  He was loving and was loved.
He touched so many people. His influences will be felt for many years to come.
I will miss him greatly.   :'(

His website:   http://thepetscorner.com/    :turtleblink:

-turtle
treasure your pets
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:30:44 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this. Turtle was so nice and so helpful. I will really miss him. What an awesome example he has left in that he still cared for others enough to take some of his precious time to help even though he was battling for life itself. It is a very sad message to read.  :(:'( :(     
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 04:54:23 AM »
I've been away and have just read this thread about Don's(Turtle) passing. This is really sad news! I never met him but felt like I've known him for years and years though Samantha. Turtle, as I remember him with his wiggly avatar, had a way of getting straight to the point and was always prepared to give a helping hand with spot-on advice. He had the ability of reading between the lines and then asking a single question that quickly resulted in the problem being solved.

He posted many messages on the GS forum before Samantha started SWCF and they are available as long as it stays up and running.

He will be missed by me and all those on SWCF.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:37:07 PM »
I never knew him but after looking at his webpage the world (and especially animal world) has lost one of it's kindest spirits. Godspeed.