Author Topic: up-load files to my host  (Read 3931 times)

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Do it right the first time.
    • detail-2009
up-load files to my host
« on: December 04, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
I've found a really cool slide show generator thats really easy to use to create slide shows and would like to use it on my web site.
But I haven't a clue on how to up load the files to my host. My site is built with csb 4. If you go to flash-slideshow-maker.com you'll be able to download the free version and try it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
joe
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:14:39 AM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: up-load files to my host
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
You can use two different ways.

1) File manager provided by your host.  Most hosts have a way to upload a file or two at a time to your web space. Look in your control panel for something that says upload.

2) FTP.  There are free and paid programs that will allow you to connect and upload many files at the same time.
and [url=http://www.samisite.com/publish/using_ftp.htm]this page too for some basic instructions on what it is and how to use it.  Even links to get some of the free and paid programs.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Checking the place out
  • Do it right the first time.
    • detail-2009
Re: up-load files to my host
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
Thanks sami,
I'll give that a try.
joe