Author Topic: Can the "charset" be changed to UTF-8????  (Read 3602 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Big Cat Lover
Can the "charset" be changed to UTF-8????
« on: October 08, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
The email newsletter service I use automatically changes the charset to UTF-8 from charset=iso-8859-1 when I import the html into the service's program.

So, what happens is every bullet (Alt+0149 •) that I use in my titles or text turns to a weird character and looks ugly.

"They" claim they've been using UTF-8 for over a year now.... who knows why they mandate that charset.

Is there a way to change to this charset within CSB5, so I don't have to keep changing them manually after the upload??

Thanks for any help,
Cheryl

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Can the "charset" be changed to UTF-8????
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
Unfortunately, CSB does not allow us to CHANGE that code from within.   :noshake:

CSB 5 will allow you to place additional code into the header/footer of the page through page properties. 
You can try ADDING the code you want to use to that and see if it helps, but I doubt that will solve your situation.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
  • Big Cat Lover
Re: Can the "charset" be changed to UTF-8????
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
Thanks for your response, Sami ~  that's what I was expecting to hear.  I don't understand why the service insists on changing the charset...... just out to frustrate me, I guess! :v8slap: