Author Topic: re: insert script in head section  (Read 2855 times)

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
re: insert script in head section
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »
Hi!   How do I add <script>yada yada yada </script> in the head section of a page?  I have CSB 4

thanks!

~Vicki

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: re: insert script in head section
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »
CSB 4 does not allow you to place script into the header.  You can add META TAGS into the header using the author field.  Check it out HERE:  http://www.samisite.com/publish/pageproperties.htm

Most scripts will run fine even if not placed in the head.
Insert HTML placeholder at the very TOP of the page in CSB4.
if necessary, split the code, some at top of the page, some at the place in the page where you want the rest to be.

CSB 5 is the version that allows insertion of scripts into the head
section.  New fields were added to page properties.
http://www.samisite.com/csb5demo/pageprop.htm#insertcode

Really nice to see you on the forum.  Long time no see!

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »
Yes, ma'am. Nice to be back and operating my site again!  I am still in love with CSB.   :)  I found that same advice later on your site after I posted the question and did it and it works perfectly.  Thanks again!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:44:01 PM »
I wondered what happened to your site.  I looked for it a while back and it came back with a 404 error.

Do you still use that download script? Wasn't it LinkLok to deliver your patterns privately?
As I remember, you liked the service that script provided.

CSB really was a terrific software. I haven't found any that I like BETTER.  One I like a lot but not BETTER.  lol.
 :)
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
Yes, ma'am, I sure do still use Linklok.  Works like a charm!  I have had to add a green "Pay Now" button from Paddle.com for EU customers, due the the new VAT laws in place for digital delivery goods.  Its a mess.  But I have a work-around in place now, so no worries.  CSB is so simple to use, not all buggered like some of the more complicated WYSIWYG's.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:22:14 AM »
I agree. Very quick and easy to throw up a page.
and modify.  Was ahead of its time!  Too bad there wasnt more marketing to get frontpage and other folks. Might have kept program going a while longer.
-Samantha