Author Topic: windows 7 - samisite tests - post problems here.  (Read 13521 times)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
windows 7 - samisite tests - post problems here.
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »
Ok.. New subdirectory for samisite.  
I took my existing CSB 5 demo subdirectory  http://www.samisite.com/csb5demo
and republished it here with changes:  http://www.samisite.com/csb5demo_win7  

The new subdirectory is being edited and tested with CSB installed on Windows 7.
So far, I have had only good results!  
Please visit -- THIS PAGE -- the page noted above for how I installed, moved my host data over in ONE quick move and got the help file running.
People have reported problems with the graphical buttons in Vista, but they worked fine for me.  Check out that page to see the new ones I added to the top of the page as a test.

If you have specific issues with Win 7 & CSB 4 or 5, please post here so I can check it out.  Thanks!
 :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:50:27 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: windows 7 - samisite tests - post problems here.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
UPDATE for those still using CSB:   Windows 7 64bit, with SP1 and Internet Explorer 9 still compatible with CSB.  Open edit and publish without error.  :TUP:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »
Need password help. I'm trying to install my paid-for, legitimate CSB 5.0 disk on my new HP Windows 7 computer (after using it for years on my old XP machine), and it asks for my serial number and name, which it then rejects. I've tried this a dozen times very carefully to be sure the number is correct. Am I missing something here? Is there a workaround? I hope I won't have to keep my old PC running just to use CSB - my site has over 800 pages so I sure don't want to have to rebuild it in another program. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
Contact GlobalScape support.  Tell them what you said here.  They CAN help you get it unlocked.

I probably would start with uninstalling your current copy.
Then download the LAST version of CSB 5 here:  http://www.globalscape.com/support/reg.aspx  On the DOWNLOADS tab for Replacement Software. You must be in administrator mode. 
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:34 AM »
 :thankyousign:

Just what I needed to know.  :D

xp pro finally needed to be replaced - debating whether to migrate cute - I am not really sure I have any files I need from it anymore but at least I know I have the option.

Migrating in progress right now. I have been thinking of you and hoping you and your family are ok.   :luck:

I have been in computer limbo for about a month using various others waiting for my new computer - that I can't even believe that I am the proud owner of its a beast. I hope to get in touch soon after I set up mail accounts on new computer. Using c-panel to access has made mailing even less desirable than I normally consider it.  :P

So glad you took the time to post this. If I decide to keep cute I might never use it except to look at old files so if there are little problems I don't' think it matters.

Aloha for now..

Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »
Congrats on the new hardware Wanda!     :bdballoon: :bdballoon:

Know you have been babying your old system for a long time. So excited for you!

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
Hi Samantha!

I was reading the CSB forum and you mentioned that CSB 4 can operate using Windows 7.  I had thought that it couldn't run on anything later than XP and was searching in those forums to find out how people handled it.  I'm just thrilled to hear that I can still use my CSB program.

I have a huge website, over 1000 pages, built on CSB 4 and I need a new computer. Samantha, can you give me the specs on what I need to get? There are professional and home versions of Windows, so, if you could, let me know exactly what I need on the computer so that I can run my CSB.

Also, is it advisable and is it possible to upgrade to CSB 5?

Thank you so much for your help,

Blue

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
Windows 7 home or pro, 32 or 64 bit, makes no difference.
CSB 4 and 5 work on them fine.
CSB 5 is not available, can not be purchased.
So you need to stay with your CSB 4. Do NOT download version 5 because it will stop working after 30 days!

Take a look at this page for steps to move to another pc
http://www.samisite.com/csb5demo_win7/windows7.htm
Though the demo was made with CSB 5, the same steps are done for version 4

Let us know how it goes.....

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »
Thank you so much Sam for all your help.  I will let you know how it goes!

Offline hidden

• Restricted
  • I am new here.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:10 AM »
Hi Again! 
It worked like a charm.  I think that this is the first time that I installed CSB4 on a computer while I still had it operating on another, so it was a breeze to copy the settings, and I wasn't under any pressure.  I did a small edit and republished from the new computer without a hitch.

I find your forum and help are invaluable!  Thank you for the great information you provide to CSB users. :thankyousign:

Blue

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
Glad to be of assistance.

Thanks for letting us know it worked out so well for you!   :TUP:
Congrats on the new computer.
:flowers:
-Samantha