Author Topic: Thanks to Sami for putting up all the help on web related topics  (Read 3297 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Thanks to Sami for putting up all the help on web related topics
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
Thank You Sami for making up all those pages about web site creation and help with html, picture effects, and more. It's going to take me a while to dig through it. Right now I am wading through the iframe pages. WOW, if I could get the hang of that one feature my web work would be so much better. I tried other sites, but they are like reading what are know as “man pages” in Linux. If you can understand them, you don't need them. Sami's suff, AH! THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!

So THANK YOU SAMI!

Pat Jr.

ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Thanks to Sami for putting up all the help on web related topics
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.
Most of us using CSB are not able to read or talk geek-speak so why should our instructions be written that way. ;)  I TRY to word things to make sense to non-geeks.  :D  Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I have to go back to tweak a bit to make it understandable.  It's hard sometimes with some of the topics that are covered.  Let me know if you have a problem with something....

IFRAMES are SIMPLE.

A basic iframe is just ONE simple line of code put into an insert HTML box.  Easy.
Code: [Select]
<iframe name="FRAME1" src="yourcontentpage.htm" width="300" height="280" frameborder="1" ></iframe>

Copy and place that piece of code into your insert HTML box. Change the name of the yourcontentpage.htm to ANY page on your website. Publish.  And Presto!  You will have a 300 pixel wide, 280 pixel tall window cut into your webpage, showing the web page you choose.  That code has a tiny edge around the window (1).

My favorite use for the iframe: If you change the content page to a contact form page (call it contactform.htm), you can have your online form in the window.  I do that on my main contact page here . The form LOOKS like it is on my contact page but it isn't!  I turned off the border around the iframe and the form page blends in totally (0 instead of 1 in frameborder) with the contact page!  When someone sends the form, it gives a reply page IN THE WINDOW.  But your browser never leaves my contact page! Nice trick.   :yes:

All the rest of the iframe coding is fluff.  Can be learned later.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 02:43:38 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )