Author Topic: FAVICON: icon on address bar  (Read 23622 times)

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
FAVICON: icon on address bar
« on: October 16, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
Sorry to post on this thread but I can't gigure out how to start a topic. What's that little icon in the url window called? I'm drawing a total blank. And is there a link to the code somewhere around here?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: icon on address bar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:42:41 PM »
FAVICON!

Info from OLD GS board and new notes added:

Recently on another thread concerning BOOKMARKING the page, there was a complete discussion of Favicons and their uses. I combined responses here into one:

FROM RICK:
The icon you want to implement is called a "favicon" (favorites icon I guess). It is easy to implement. You will find how to do it on KW's site here

FROM SAMANTHA:
The Favicon is a small image that is stored in an ICO format, personally I really love the free program Irfanview for making them. Simple as FILE SAVE AS and choosing the .ico format from the drop down list! Usually the image is 32x32 pixels (or some favicon generators make 16x16 images)

File must be named favicon.ico in lowercase, no caps!

Once you have the image, you use either a file manager or FTP program to upload the image to your MAIN DIRECTORY of your website where your index.html page (home page) is. Need info on FTP Check out this page
(When using CSB, DO NOT put the favicon into an insert HTML to upload it to your website. IT will NOT work.)
Some people ALSO place a piece of code at the top of the page in an insert HTML. Most modern browsers DO NOT NEED code and will automatically search for the favicon.ico file without extra instruction, but if you want it, here's the code. DO NOT CHANGE IT!  There are 3 versions of the code.  I recommend you put all three in since there is not a consensus for which is BEST for ALL browsers:

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://yoursite.com/favicon.ico">

If your visitor has bookmarked BEFORE you made a favicon, then the link did not pull it in. Usually it is necessary to delete that bookmark close all browser windows, then come back in and re-bookmark.

HOWEVER, favicons are finicky. Those folks might actually get the icon without doing anything further. And some people that get the bookmark & favicon working fine may LOSE the favicon when they clear temp internet files.

Favicons are stored in TEMPORARY INTERNET FOLDER for IE and will be lost when that folder is cleared. BUT the pesky little images are stored in a separate place for FireFox so folks using that browser will not "lose" your image!

Want to see the favicon after you put it in place?
  delete your bookmark/favorite entry for that site/webpage
  close internet explorer
  reopen
  bookmark/save to favorites again.
  close internet explorer
  reopen and look at your favorites.

If it does not appear now then you have not put the favicon.ico (must be named like that) in the right place on your site (must be in you main directory stored with your home page), or have not created it properly.

As mentioned, favicons are FINICKY and sometimes just will not work.   But I still use them!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:46:17 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »
Thanks. Hope this finds you doing well. Is starting new topics disabled?

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »
never mind. Found it on the tabs up there on the right. Guess I'm just not used to this forum software.  :D

You a football fan? Tony Romo?

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »
It has to be saved as a .ico? I don't have that choice in photoshop or image ready?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »
Not just in ico format but specifically as favicon.ico
Most photo software does not support ICO. So use the FREE IRFANVIEW software for your ico format and you will not be disappointed.

-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 10:53:36 PM »
Well, I used the software and the code <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="h**p://chimpclick.com/favicon.ico"> and i got nada. Should each line of code be in a different container?

(removed link so this post does not hurt you later)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:45:02 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »
If using CSB 3 or 4 or 5, put CODE ONLY into one normal Insert HTML box at the top of the page. Only one is needed even if you decide to use all 3 snippets of code (which I have done several times).
If using CSB5 you could put the code into the HEAD of page in page properties instead.
I usually only place the code into the HOME PAGE.

Mentioned this before but will stress it again...
Do not try to use CSB to upload the favicon.ico file to the website!
Use FTP software or upload using a file manager feature of your website control panel, etc
Store the favicon.ico file in your main directory. 
(If you try to use CSB to upload the file, it ends up in a subfolder and that is not acceptable.)

I went to your page h**p://chimpclick.com/favicon.ico and the code is fine.
YOUR favicon.ico image is NOT in your main directory.

You placed your favicon into several different directories but NOT into the main directory:
(CSB made those subfolders as I mentioned)
   HTMLobj-32/favicon.ico
   HTMLobj-33/favicon.ico
   HTMLobj-34/favicon.ico
   HTMLobj-35/favicon.ico
   HTMLobj-36/favicon.ico
And after looking at the files, I can see they are all the same.  :)

(I edited my previous post to add BOLD the do not use CSB to upload the favicon.ico file instruction.)
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Mr Fred!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 01:22:08 AM »
Gosh. I hate ftp but I guess i have to buckle up and do it. I learned to make pop mail accounts on the server this week. I guess anything is possible?  :)

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: Congrats!

You don't HAVE to use FTP if your website control panel has a file upload utility built in (sometimes found in the file manager area).  Personally, I find FTP much easier than using the file upload ability most of the time.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 05:38:25 AM »
FAVICON!

Some people ALSO place a piece of code at the top of the page in an insert HTML. Most modern browsers DO NOT NEED code and will automatically search for the favicon.ico file without extra instruction, but if you want it, here's the code. DO NOT CHANGE IT!  There are 3 versions of the code.  I recommend you put all three in since there is not a consensus for which is BEST for ALL browsers:

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://yoursite.com/favicon.ico">

Hi Samantha, hi everybody...

Well, I did everything and it didn’t work... :(

I made my small 32 x 32 small logo and saved it with IrfanView as “favicon.ico”, then, using CuteFTP, was uploaded to my server, where my index page is (I checked with http://www.mysite.com/favicon.ico and it is there...).  Is there something wrong?? Do I have to insert the above codes using Insert HTML??  If yes, do I have to insert them at the very top of index page?

Another question: How I make to erase bookmarks?   I read somewhere “Go to bookmarks, select which you want to delete and press cancel…” easier saying than doing… Where is this “Bookmark” tab to select it?

Sorry for these elementary questions, but never did it before… thanks. :)

From Italy with kindness
Tony
 :)
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 04:35:35 AM »
It's OK know...  it started to work after a couple days without doing anything... ???

I'm still looking for how to clear bookmarks... :-[

Regards

Tony
Anyone who has never owned a dog can't know what loving and being loved mean- ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER 

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »
Yes... I have seen that happen.   They can also disappear just as easily!!!
Have ALWAYS said that favicons are finicky.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not work, even when you have done everything you can do!

- Firefox stores the favicon.ico images in a separate folder so when you clear your temporary files they do not go away.  To clear your bookmarks in Firefox:
BOOKMARKS, ORGANIZE Bookmarks, choose one or several then hit delete at top.

- In Internet Explorer, every time you clear your temporary files, the favicon files are deleted too.  So even if you clear your stored link to the file, and make a new one, the favicon will only last until you clear your temporary files again.  To clear your bookmarks in Internet Explorer:  FAVORITES, ORGANIZE Favorites, choose one or several then hit delete button. 
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 01:56:40 PM »
Thank you Samantha,

It seems that I' am very... very... very confused  :v8slap: I know how to clean Favorites (are those also called  'bookmarks?). I was talking about addresses that appears down when click on the browser fold -down menu, you know, all those sites  you have visited by typing their addresses directly in the browser, at the very top  of the page… 

Pls, tell me if I could explain myself… :-[

Favicon...
It means (just to see if I understood your explanation...) that every time that I clean the Internet Temporary files I will lose my favicon?? :ss-shocked:  I do that very frequently... :unsure: Internet Explorer.

T

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
I think you are talking about the addresses that show up in the address bar itself. Is that correct? The ones that are listed when you click the down arrow button to the right of the address area? If so here is the Explorer answer:

To delete AutoComplete entries from the Address bar list
AutoComplete stores entries you've made for web addresses, forms, and passwords and remembers them if you begin to type them again later. To delete web address entries from the Address bar, you have to clear the History folder. Here's how:

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Under Browsing history, click Delete.
Click Delete history, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the history.
Click Close, and then click OK.
 Note: To delete a single address from the list of suggestions provided when you're typing a web address, highlight the address, and then press DELETE.

This was found under help in Explorer by searching the index for address.

A side note: being able to delete a single address in the manner shown above no longer works on my EX 7, it may be due to a recent upgrade as it used to work for me. If that happens to you, and you just want to eliminate one or a few you can search your history and delete only the ones you no longer want.

The favicons don't dissapear from the site they are on -- just the cache in your temp files. They will come back next time you visit if they aren't being finicky that day.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
Wanda gave you the info you asked for...

Firefox Bookmarks = Internet Explorer Favorites     Same thing, different word.

That dropdown list is part of your BROWSING HISTORY.  They are created when you have manually typed in an address into the address bar. 

It means (just to see if I understood your explanation...) that every time that I clean the Internet Temporary files I will lose my favicon??   I do that very frequently...  Internet Explorer.
Yes.  Microsoft did not realize the importance or the design value of the images.  They do not store the images separately and end up in your temporary files.  Firefox puts them in a different place so when you clear the histories and temp files, you KEEP your favicons.

But even if you never clear your temporary internet files, you may or may not see your favicon in Internet Explorer!  Somedays they just don't appear.  Other days they do!  Same silly story for years and years and years. :yes:  Maybe the favicons go out for vacation.... :D
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
Thank you Wanda, Sami :)
Well, following Wanda's instructions, I erased all... :v8slap: 

Don't worry, no problem  :D
But... and I'm sorry for not being clear..., my question was how to erase a single entry on that BROWSING HISTORY dropdown list. I normally use this menu to go to my most frequently visited webs, (bank, forums, my site, etc.) instead of using FAVORITES, which is a longer list, so I like to have it as clean as possible to avoid confusion at the time of opening it. The main problem is when you type (or worst “mistype”) an address:  you will have it on the list forever, or until you erase the whole list as I just did. That’s why I was wondering about how to delete singles entries

Good news:  my favicon was not erased... he's still alive!! :clapping:

Ciao
Tony

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
Note: To delete a single address from the list of suggestions provided when you're typing a web address, highlight the address, and then press DELETE.

This was found under help in Explorer by searching the index for address.

A side note: being able to delete a single address in the manner shown above no longer works on my EX 7, it may be due to a recent upgrade as it used to work for me. If that happens to you, and you just want to eliminate one or a few you can search your history and delete only the ones you no longer want.

Aw darn! Did you miss this part of the instructions?

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
Dear Wanda... forgive an old man that have to deal with instructions in English, Operating System in Italian and his mother tongue is Spanish... :(

I just couldn’t follow it, may be for the same reason of EX 7. This is what I got:

clockwise, on the first at left I pressed “Elimina...” (Delete) next to the clock with the green arrow, and then I got the second window where a I clicked on the third option from top “Elimina Cronologia...” (Delete History) and “Si” (Yes) on the last choice (Delete History of visited Webs)

Now, after retyping several addresses, as you can see next here:

I tried to delete a single entry searching on my History (Cronologia). This is what I found:

as you can see, is empty…  :(   there is only that Index.dat file  ???

Anyway, it was already deleted. I will look more careful on the Help, after all it is not a big problem, it’s just a simple procedure that I wanted to learn how to do it. Lets save time and efforts for when facing REAL problems.  :-[

I appreciate your support.

Regards

T

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
AW wow, I can see the challenge is great to work through three languages. Well next time it will be easier and you can just delete the ones you don't want as you go along. That is what I do every few days. :-)  :yes:

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »
I think I know why your folder was empty.
You looked in the DEFAULT folder.
Look in the folder made for YOU.
My folder is called SAM and my settings are all in that folder including favorites, links bar, and my temporary files.
You have a folder too.

-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 08:18:31 AM »
I-give-up!!!  I-just-could-  NOT-  FIND  -  IT !! :'(

I searched the fold "History" again (and made System do the same search) NADA!
A folder with my name does not exist; I suppose was it within "Utente" (User), but nada de nada!!

I remember when I had Windows 98, the folder History was there, not only in Italian but in English and Spanish... and was very easy to find, under Windows folder

Please Sami, DO NOT respond to this discuss anymore :noshake:, let close it, the problem 100% is me. :(

Thank you
Ciao

T

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »
ok.... no reply....  :surrender: :'(
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 04:31:45 AM »
Tony,

I know you said not to discuss it, but somehow I my clicking unread posts did not include this and several other threads.

I read Wanda's post and it works on a computer where I am not registered. Try this to delete a single item of history:

1. Open Internet Explorer 7. Depending on your IE7 setup, the following will normally work for a standard set-up.
2. If your My Favorites list is not pinned/visible click the My Favorites Star icon to the left of the first tab and the list will appear.
3. Click History.
4. Scroll down to the web site you want to remove from the history and click it.
5. A list of pages in the web site will open.
6. Right click the page you want to remove, and then click delete in the pop-up menu.

If you want to delete the history of the entire web site, Right click on the web site instead of a page below it and click delete.

Hope this helps.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 09:22:07 AM »
Hi Etienne, sorry for answering so late, I didn't know that there was a new answer to the topic... :-[

Thank you for your help, I opened my IE, clicked on My Favorites and on step 3 of your instructions…  stuck!!  :v8slap:

There is no “History” on the list to click on :ss-shocked:

What am I doing wrong now ? :(

Tony

P.S.
On other forums ("fora", is the correct plural of "forum" in Latin, as "data" is a plural of "datum" ;)) I receive an email every time somebody post a reply on a topic were I have participated...

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »
Hi Tony,

No problem. See the image below for the location of the History button in IE7.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »
Hi Etienne,

Well, my repeated stupidity was looking again for "History" instead of "Cronologia", in Italian, as you can see on the first image. This mix of languages is making me crazy :o  Notice that sometimes they use English words (see "Feed"), but not for "History"  :-\ Anyway, I wasn't looking at the titles but at the list...

In the other hand, addresses from this list are easy to delete, just selecting them and Canc.  :-[

Dear Etienne, it seems that, as usual, I didn't explain myself well enough what my problem was: I would like to delete sites typed on the browser, for example, see on the second image the shaded URL address www.osti-sistemi.it, well, let say that I want to delete only That address from That list...

Notice that the shaded address is not listed on image 1, which are in alphabetical order, where you asked me to go to find it. Another thing, that address could be written weeks or months ago and the History only covers one or two weeks (unless this is programmable… I’m not sure).

Hope you followed me… :yes:

Tony

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 03:23:58 AM »
Hi Etienne, it's me... again :-[

I did more  :idea:.  I used the function Search on History tab on Favorites ("Cronologia" on my system) and found the example www.osti-sistemi.it (the shaded URL address), then, I  selected and deleted it!!, but... it still there on the drop browser list!!!  :-\

Tony

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »
In Explorer until some recent update I used to be able to right click and delete anything in the drop down menu. I don't know what is going on over there but over the last couple of months several updates have changed behaviors that I really don't like and that are down right annoying. Like this one...  Also of late I have been having a little white screen that shows up on a page telling me the address of some other page I have been to.. also annoying. Anyone have any comments as to if this drop down deletion also used to work for them in explorer? All reasons I have been using Firefox more and more.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »
ok  I gotta get back in (even though I was told to leave it alone  ;)).

GET FIREFOX! 
- better control
- in many languages
- user names, passwords, favicons and other things do not disappear.
- you can bring your FAVORITES in from Explorer so you can still find your favorite websites (samisite.com)

At work I HAD to switch to Firefox.  Internet Explorer would not behave.  So now I use Firefox at work for 95% of the time!  Think you will like it better too!!!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »
ok  I gotta get back in (even though I was told to leave it alone  ;)).

Hi dear Sami, nice to "hear" you again :D

Hope you didn't take it bad, remember my lack of English... I just didn't want you to waste your time behind my little skill on Int. Exp.
I have already tried Firefox, but I had to quit shortly; too many questions asked, warnings, and options during the navigation, and most of the time I had no answer for those questions or was not sure about what it was talking about... :-\ There was also another problem, I don't remember at this moment what it was, which was the last drop that forced me to came back to IE. My son is also encouraging me to get FFx again and also to use Linux..

I have two questions regarding background audio and PDF downloadable site files on Cute, should I open a new post/posts?  ??? I searched on your tutorials, but... two things: or it was not there or I didn't see it (surely the last one... you can bet it:-[)

Thank you and thanks also to Safari and Etienne for their help.

T

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
Hi Tony,

Your English is much better than my Italian.

The entries you are referring to are AutoComplete entries in the address bar. It is confusing because they are deleted by deleting the History "Cronologia" entries. This is my understanding of how it works: AutoComplete entries are not really entries that are recorded somewhere on your computer but History entries are recorded. When you start to type in the address bar of IE7, what is suggested is what is in the history by a Windows form called FormSuggest. So if you delete the item from  the history, it will not show as an "autocomplete entry" in the address bar. Try it. Type a URL of a web site you have not seen before. Then close the IE window, delete it from the history, open a new window, and re-type the URL and you will see that it is not suggested.

So, unfortunately IE7 does not allow single entry deletion of the AutoComplete entries even though Help says you can (see below). I am glad you were able to delete the individual History entry. If the URL is still being suggested, it may be that it is still in your history on another date.

The IE7 help file says you can delete either an individual AutoComplete entry of all of them but it does not work. Here are the instructions or you can search the Help for "deleting Address bar entries". See the last line which does not work:

To delete AutoComplete entries from the Address bar list

AutoComplete stores entries you've made for web addresses, forms, and passwords and remembers them if you begin to type them again later. To delete web address entries from the Address bar, you have to clear the History folder. Here's how:

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Under Browsing history, click Delete.
Click Delete history, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the history.
Click Close, and then click OK.
 Note

To delete a single address from the list of suggestions provided when you're typing a web address, highlight the address, and then press DELETE.

Let us know if you were able to remove the Autocomplete item.

Ciao Tony,

Il vostro inglese è molto più meglio del mio italiano.

Le entrate che state riferendo a sono entrate di AutoComplete nella barra di indirizzo. È confusionaria perché sono cancellate cancellando il " di storia; Cronologia" entrate. Ciò è la mia comprensione di come funziona: Le entrate di AutoComplete non sono realmente entrate che siano registrate in qualche luogo sul vostro calcolatore ma le entrate di storia sono registrate. Quando cominciate scriv dentro la barra a macchina di indirizzo di IE7, che cosa è suggerito è che cosa è nella storia da una forma di Windows denominata FormSuggest. Così se cancellate l'articolo dalla storia, non mostrerà come " entry" del autocomplete; nella barra di indirizzo. Provarla. Scriv un URL a macchina di un Web site che non avete veduto prima. Allora chiudere la finestra dello IE, cancellarla dalla storia, aprire una nuova finestra e riscrivere il URL a macchina e vederete che non è suggerito.

Così, purtroppo IE7 non permette l'omissione dell'entrata unica delle entrate di AutoComplete anche se l'aiuto dice che potete (vedere sotto). Sono felice voi potevo cancellare l'entrata specifica di storia. Se il URL ancora stia suggerendo, può essere che sia ancora nella vostra storia ad un'altra data.

La lima di aiuto IE7 dice che potete cancellare l'uno o l'altro un'entrata specifica di AutoComplete di tutti ma non funziona. Qui sono le istruzioni o potete cercare l'aiuto " cancellazione del entries" della barra di indirizzo;. Vedere l'ultima linea che non funziona:

per cancellare le entrate di AutoComplete dalla barra di indirizzo elencare

AutoComplete immagazzina le entrate che avete fatto per gli indirizzi di fotoricettore, le forme e le parole d'accesso e le ricorda se cominciate a scriv ancora a macchina più successivamente. Per cancellare le entrate di indirizzo di fotoricettore dalla barra di indirizzo, dovete rimuovere il dispositivo di piegatura di storia. Qui è come:

In Internet Explorer, scattare gli attrezzi abbottonano ed allora scattano le opzioni di Internet.
Scattare il General tabella.
Nell'ambito della storia di lettura rapida, scattare la cancellazione.
Scattare la storia di cancellazione ed allora scattar sì per confermare che volete cancellare la storia.
Scattar vicino ed allora scattare l'APPROVAZIONE.
Notare

Per cancellare un singolo indirizzo dalla lista dei suggerimenti forniti quando state scriv un indirizzo a macchina di fotoricettore, evidenziare l'indirizzo ed allora premere la CANCELLAZIONE.

Sappiamo se poteste rimuovere l'articolo di Autocomplete.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
Hi Tony,

Your English is much better than my Italian.

Your computer translation was funny,  it seems that Tarzan was talking to me.  rofl rofl rofl   
Believe me, it’s completely incomprehensible, but I really appreciate your efforts to help.  :clapping:
 NOTE: my Spanish is much, much better than my Italian...

The entries you are referring to are AutoComplete entries in the address bar.

Nope... sorry but that's another thing. Please see the following Images A, B and C
Tell me if the example is clear enough.

Image A:
These are suggested or AutoComplete sites sometime visited

Image B
these, instead, are sites sometime written (typed) on the browser, otherwise they were not there...

Image C

What about that?  >:D >:D

Tony
 :D

P.S.
Sami, are you there...?
  :surrender:

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
But your post was not Spanish, it shows Italian.

In any case, w*w.mundogar.com/ideas... is not in Image B and C's drop down box because you have h**p://www.google.it/ in the address bars. Autocomplete looks for the best match.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:24:47 PM by Etienne »

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »
In any case, w*w.mundogar.com/ideas... is not in Image B and C's drop down box because you have h**p://www.google.it/ in the address bars. Autocomplete looks for the best match.
???

P.S.
- Etienne, please do not misunderstand me, my comments about translation was about Translator softwares. Your intention was really appreciated.

- Spanish is my mother tongue.

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »
Tony,

No worries. I know translators are not perfect. I was just responding to the language you used. Spanish is a beautiful language as well.

In response to your " ??? " try this. Open IE7. Start typing a URL e.g. your home page. The moment you type 'h', Autocomplete will show a drop down list of suggested URL's below the address. Don't confuse it with the address bar drop down list. The Autocomplete suggested items is below and about 20 pixels to the left of the address bar drop down as you have in Image A. The top URL will be the first URL that starts with 'h' (provided you do not have an H:\ drive on your computer or network). As most URL's start with http continue typing and as you complete the full URL of your home page, you will see your home page's URL approach the top of the suggested URL's.

The drop down arrow and the end of the address bar as you have in Image B and C does not activate Autocomplete but rather a list of complete URL's you have recently opened. It is not a complete history of pages visited but a record of the last URL's you entered. IE7 does not allow the deletion of an individual adress bar drop down URL, only individual history URL's are deletable.

Hope this helps.

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »
Tony,

No worries. I know translators are not perfect. I was just responding to the language you used. Spanish is a beautiful language as well.

Gracias...  :-[

In response to your " ??? " try this. Open IE7. Start typing a URL e.g. your home page. The moment you type 'h', Autocomplete will show a drop down list of suggested URL's below the address. Don't confuse it with the address bar drop down list. The Autocomplete suggested items is below and about 20 pixels to the left of the address bar drop down as you have in Image A. The top URL will be the first URL that starts with 'h' (provided you do not have an H:\ drive on your computer or network). As most URL's start with http continue typing and as you complete the full URL of your home page, you will see your home page's URL approach the top of the suggested URL's.

I know and aggree with this, in fact, is what I said on Image A

The drop down arrow and the end of the address bar as you have in Image B and C does not activate Autocomplete but rather a list of complete URL's you have recently opened. It is not a complete history of pages visited but a record of the last URL's you entered. IE7 does not allow the deletion of an individual adress bar drop down URL, only individual history URL's are deletable.

Same as I said (or wanted to...) on B & C
This is the notch of the question and the answer to all this discussion: At the end,[/i] " ... IE7 does not allow the deletion of an individual adress bar drop down URL !..."

Hope this helps.

Sure it did.  ;)  Gracias de nuevo  :)

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
Es un gran placer.

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
Yes I am here.   :)

I use online translators. 
They help with some things.
You must keep your sentence short.
You must choose your words carefully.
Better results!

Spanish:
Utilizo los traductores en línea. 
Ayudan con algunas cosas.
Usted debe mantener su oración corta.
Usted debe elegir sus palabras cuidadosamente.
¡Resultados mejores!

I have read some really FUNNY translations!   LOL
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 08:21:43 AM »
Hi Sami,

Yes, it has to be written perfect, otherwise the result will be very funny. That Spanish example is good.
Just to extend your languages knowledge, there are two ways in Spanish and Italian for the use of  “you”, one is when you are talking with respect, say to an older person, boss,  strange people, etc. and this is “Usted” in Spanish and “Lei” in Italian, among friends, family, pals, etc, we use “tu”  same in Spanish or Italian.

Ex.
Spanish:
Usted debe mantener su oración corta.    (with respect)
Tu debes mantener tu oración corta.       (among friends)

Italian:
Lei deve mantenere la sua frase corta.
Tu devi mantenere la tua frase corta.

English:
You must keep your sentence short.

Notice that not only changes the “you” but also the “must” aux. verb forms

Well, I think we are going OT... :-[

Tony
Happy Eastern

P.S.
Sami,
Could you address me to a tutorial on your site about how to keep the same audio background in all pages and how to insert a PDF downloadable file. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:41:19 AM by Tony41 »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:50:21 PM by Samrc »
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• The Fisherman
  • Global Moderator
    • Jigs Fishing Lures
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
Thanks.
 :yes: