Author Topic: sound-console  (Read 4974 times)

Offline hidden

• ???
sound-console
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »
L.s.
In CSB there is a soundconsole (soundcontrol) that is very big.
I must have a soundconsole that get in a smal table, otherwise the table takes too much place.
In HTML you can choose a small placeholder (you can make it) , in the soundconsole you can't ???

M.Vr.Gr
frans

Offline hidden

• China Tour Guide
  • Global Moderator
    • Bushtrack Web Creations
Re: sound-console
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
You can change the size of the audio console. After you insert the normal size audio console, preview your site, and view the source code (In IE - View > Source)

Copy the line of code related to the audio file. It should look like this

<!-- Start Gem Sound Web Component -->
<embed src="HTMLobj-00/your_sound_file.mp3" autostart="false" width="145" height="70">
<!-- End Gem Sound Web Component -->

You can now modify the size of the console (change width and height setting to what you want), then copy and insert this code using Insert HTML, where you want the audio console. (Delete the previous full-size console). Remember to change the code to insert ^GEMDIR, like this:

<!-- Start Gem Sound Web Component -->
<embed src="^GEMDIR/your_sound_file.mp3" autostart="false" width="100" height="20">
<!-- End Gem Sound Web Component -->

In this example I reduced the size to 100x20, which looks quite neat.

When inserting in a table, you might also find that the standard Insert HTML placeholder is too big. You can change this to any image you want. You will find instructions to do this, and a suitable image for your audio console, on Samisite here: http://www.samisite.com/test-csb2nf/id120.htm

Rick
:rick:  Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
Hi Frans!!! :hiya: Great to see you!

Another way to handle your mp3 or other sound files is to use a program like MP3 Soundstream to create a FLASH type file.  Nice quality sound even on a dial-up connection.  Several sizes/styles of players.  And your sound files are more protected from theft, if that is a concern.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• ???
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:28:16 AM »
Hoi Rick ande Samantha,
Thanks for the solutions.
The solution from Nick was cheaper....... and it works fine!
I had a program (Audio flash) but the visitor must download a activex to see the page and that is not my choise.

Thanks. Dank je
frans maas