Author Topic: install cute on Mac  (Read 3083 times)

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
install cute on Mac
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
Can I install my cutesitebuilder 3.0 on a Mac? And if so how do I go about it? My daughter sent me a Mac laptop as a gift and I have never used one....Tom in Oregon

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: install cute on Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »
CSB is a WINDOWS program only. Sorry.  :'(  There was never a mac version produced.

??? ??? :idea:
Having said that, some people run a windows emulation program.
This allows them to have windows based programs installed and running on a mac. 
You might look into that for CSB or other windows programs you have.
Don't know if it will work. I have no access to such things so I can't say that it will.

h**p://www.parallels.com/en/landingpage/dskd10_4/?source=google_us&gclid=CK7X-7PuiJYCFQGbnAod82rjDw
h**p://store.vmware.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=vmware&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=82532200

There's a free open source product that is still in trials....
Q is an open source Cocoa port developed by Mike Kronenberg and cordney based on QEMU. It’s basically an x86 emulator that allows you to install Windows, Linux, or any other x86-based operating system onto a special disk image file and run it, ala Virtual PC, from inside of a Mac OS X window. It’s now available as a Universal Binary which runs on both Intel and PPC macs.  Read about how to install this open-source software: h**p://www.beatnikpad.com/archives/2006/03/20/windows-mac-q
And here's the site to download it:  h**p://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20830/

I make no recommendation or warranty. Never used any of these types of things. 
Just posted a few that I found but I do not know if they will work for you or not. 
If so, would be great to know! So post any results if you try something like this please.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• eugenepictureframing
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 04:50:36 AM »
thanks Sami,
     you are always helpful .... Tom in Oregon

Offline hidden

• Expert Member
  • LaughLots
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
I also don't know if it will work but someone I know using a Mac said Parallels was very good and couldn't do without it.
:dogwalksm: Ed

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:40 AM »
Etienne, glad that you reported a real experience of someone you know. That has more weight for me than reading testimonials online.

Parallels was the first one I listed and from what I read, it really sounded interesting! Some of the talk about it looked very good. And the price is not outrageous, if it does give compatibility.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )