Author Topic: Oh my don't get me started lol  (Read 13061 times)

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
    • InspirationMotivation.com
Oh my don't get me started lol
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:14:36 AM »
My latest addiction http://www.heavygames.com/invadazoid/showgame.asp I play survival because it is unlimited but attack is a nice short number of rounds if you have little time.

BTW I love games and play them during mini breaks all the time & I look forward to this thread !

I will be posting several more here soon I am sure as I have a large collection of them in my favorites lol.
Success is a way of life found moment by moment

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Oh my don't get me started lol
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 01:09:53 AM »
Based on that game, I think you should try CHICKEN INVADERS 2 (I played the HOLIDAY VERSION at Christmas).
http://zone.msn.com/en/chickeninv2/default.htm
You can play online. 

TIP: If you download the game, you are supposed to get only 1 hour on trial before purchasing.  But I got 8 full days on it (once I started the game, I never closed the screen).  Made it to the end before it finally died and told me I had to purchase.  :noshake:

It is like the old space invaders game, but with CHICKENS.   :clapping:
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »
Ahaha that is cute!  LOL I still like the combo of space invaders and asteroids features of the one I play too.

OK here is another - unless you buy it - it is limited to 8 rounds - which is plenty for a quick break - and I use it when I feel the need to sharpen up a bit -- its math related so I don't feel entirely guilty and have convinced myself it is educational and a mind exercise lol

http://www.kewlbox.com/games/GameLaunch.aspx?GameId=119

Arithmitiles

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
Fun Flash DOWNLOADABLE games
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
Another favorite is a mixture of tri peaks and majong called Tri Jong http://www.realarcade.com/popup_webgames?gameid=ancienttrijong&src=ogpg      I love the music too -- this is a good one for mini breaks because you can play in rounds - You do have to click the screen after each round to get to the next play board - that is a little awkward but worth it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:01:07 AM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:05:51 AM »
When I first went to that page I had a LARGE ad at the top of the page for diet something and my only choices were the LINKS for the program which must be downloaded.  I checked it again this morning and WAITED.  On my hi-speed connection it took a minute or so for the game to appear and this game is playable online... :yes:  (I zapped my earlier post and your response and merged threads).
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »
I thought that might be it -  :yes: I should of mentioned it takes a while to appear - while I am here, I might as well share something else from my MIGHTY LONG LIST of games -

From this link http://www.lifetimetv.com/games/lifetime/allltgames.php?game=rsvp

I play a few games from here with RSVP, Open House and Movie MahJong being my favorites.

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 04:17:45 AM »
Don't ask what I am doing up at 4:17 AM entering this game here lol --

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
Been playing your Ancient Trijong on arcadetown.com and can get every level except 7.  Tried it multiple times never got that level.
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 02:17:13 AM »
lol - oh you will get it !  :P Glad you like it ...

Wellllllll ........ I Might as well post another  - I'm liking this and can't get past the third level - h**p://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/sweet_tarts.shtml#

Its too hard to explain  LOL

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »
For those who really like a challenge - The Impossible Quiz  http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-The-Impossible-Quiz-4021.htm
 :banghead:  LOL  :surrender:  ???  :idea:  :unsure:  :(  :yes:

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »
OK I'm gonna call this one Darn Birds instead of the actual name.. but it is one of my long time favorites. In fact I used it to practice with my new mouse on -- when I matched my old score I knew I had it down. (Thats my story and I'm sticking to it) There are so many elements to making it through this game besides being a good aim. The strategy of what and when to buy or trade up makes all the difference in the world. There are some hard and easy stages mixed together to allow you to make up some bucks for buying things and the last screen I've made it to I had the bazooka in force tagging off the vultures, storks and other large creatures. The only thing I can think of that might come next would be pterodactyls lol

Please note: no birds were actually harmed in the making of this game  :noshake:

I think you will like it

ooops a link would be nice h**p://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/darn_birds.shtml#

you did a great job with the not allowed words sam it wouldnt let me put it in lol so substitue the word darn with that other word ... and it will be right

(I reset to remove the link to stop 404s)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:02:41 PM by Samrc »

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
only got to level 5, 2450 points.  HARD to decide to buy ammo or protection!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »
ooops didnt think about that

YOU GOT TO LEVEL 5 ALREADY?  ??? :ss-shocked:  ??? :kickdancing:

er um DARN!

also hard is resisting the urge to get the ones that just got you rather than the ones headed your way ...  :v8slap:  LOL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:22:02 PM by SafariWoman »

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 08:21:34 PM »
ps it took me a month to figure out when to go for the next higher weapon and how much ammo I would need along the way vs continually adding protection and at what point to blow it on the big guy ... etc etc

I might be coerced into sharing that but ......

NAH! it would take the fun out of it!

LOL :P

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 03:56:51 PM »
Gezz! Who says girls don't belong in the military! *salutes* General!

ubuntu - ===  fedora -  F8 ===  OpenOffice 2.3  === KDE 4.0 is ===  GNOME === take Puppy for a spin puppylinux.org it's free! ===

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »
Wanda...
Only played it 5 times (all in one evening) and this is what I have learned:
Black birds need shotgun (1 shot) or regular (2 shots)
Shoot birds as they come TOWARDS you to avoid the most droppings
Each level I clean myself so I don't drown in poo, but that takes most of my $$.
I use the TAB key to switch between the smaller gun and the shotgun
Also if have a group of smaller birds, can use shotgun to knock 2 out at one time!

Have bought a bit of protection but don't really know how to use it or if it is passiv...
The Crane attack scared me and I ran out of ammo!!! LOL

ANY hints would be good to know!  Like how do you build up $$ to buy better guns/ammo?  I spend my $$ to get clean otherwise I drown!
-Samantha

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »
OK Sam - but just for YOU would I give away my top secrets lol My highest score so far was around 45,000 don't remember exactly or the level it was. Here are my strategy tips:

Of course kill as many of those darn birds as you can on each level and clean after each level

Upgrade to the second weapon asap as long as you have about 50 total bullets in both weapons ( you can change between weapons if you run out - usually in lev two I start with the lesser weapon and use up those bullets until the crows come by )

Level one through 5 you don't need much more than 75 bullets so save the rest to upgrade your weapon to the third level & don't add protection yet

Get that gun as soon as you can and still have about 75 bullets level five -- generally-- I watch how many birds I'm getting and add about twenty - fifty more bullets per round after that while remaining at the third level gun. there are plateaus in there where-- you will only need say 150 bullets for a couple of levels then move up to 175 - for example but I don't have that kind of thing stored in my head lol but I never have more than 200 bullets before I buy the fourth level gun

So after cleaning and buying the bullets you need as you go and getting the third gun start adding all excess to defense ... when you have around 50 defense this is where it gets trickier -- but if you have enough money to clean, buy level four gun and at least 400 bullets for it  and still keep about 50 bullets in the level three weapon then go for it at that point -- you may have more in defense by that time

Then each round clean buy increasing bullets up to around 700 - 800 over the next levels -- you have to really practice to control the shooting on this gun so as not to waste a lot of bullets when you shoot this is also a critical thing - and then keep adding defense until you have 100 percent

it takes a few rounds after that to have the money to buy the big boy but believe me you will need it

from that point on clean - keep the defense up and buy as many bullets as you can. the strategy then is to figure out each level what to use and when

always keep some bullets in level 3 4 and 5 weapons if you can -- there are some creatures best tagged by each one in higher levels

You will see about how many bullets you use per round as you progres through the game and next time you play only go for that many saving the rest of the money for defense or weapon upgrade

there easy see .. lol
 :clapping:  rofl

ps the defense works in that it takes say like ten more times for you to get hit before it registers on the scale - it isn't passive it just isn't as apparent at lower levels
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:07:24 PM by SafariWoman »

Offline hidden

• Global Moderator
  • I Dare to Dream!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »
Hilarious thing happened today! The lady who comes weekly to help me clean came running out of my office to find me yelling "Theres something in your office!" "It's making noises!"  >:D

I forgot I left this mindless little goodie on ...  rofl

hehe... but I don't blame her .. and we both had a good laugh out of it .. so I thought I would share it here.

planet-gobbler.freeonlinegames.com/

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA   rofl   Great noises!   Only got to level 7 before my wrist (back and forth action) hurt....
-Samantha