Author Topic: Weird thing happening...PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4456 times)

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
Weird thing happening...PLEASE HELP!
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:06:54 AM »
Hey everyone,

So I am giving CSB5 a shot at trying it out...but every freaking time i install it says im installing 5 but when it goes to launch it opens up CSB4??? WTF?!!! Its annoying... I even tried removing CSB4 from the add/remove programs and nothing worked!!! So I guess I need help here! Thanks...

Ryan

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
  • Not a geek. Just a Nerd.
    • CSB Tutorials
Re: Weird thing happening...PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
Well, I just responded to your same question on the GlobalSCAPE forum.  Here is the answer again:

CSB4 must be removed from the system prior to the install of CSB5.  I recommend manual uninstall, even though GS said CSB4 can be removed by CSB5 if it is intact when CSB5 goes in. 

Trying to remove CSB4 while CSB5 is in the system is nearly impossible.

At this point, you should try a restore point if you can to bring you back to before the problem.
If not, then try this:
- remove CSB5. Reboot
- reinstall CSB4. Reboot
- see if you can open a NEW tlx file.

Then follow the proper conversion method for CSB5 here.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
Hey Sam,

I followed, all steps and I've gotten "Install.log" could not be found when I try and remove CSB. Now I did restore it to an earlier date and still having problems. NEED MASSIVE HELP HERE! Thanks,
Ryan

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »
You did a restore to a point BEFORE all the install/uninstall of CSB4 and 5?
You should be back to working order.

You say you are still having problems.  WHAT problems?  Explain please.

- Restore to earlier BEFORE all the uninstall/reinstall.  This should bring you to a working point with CSB4.
- Check CSB.  Should have CSB4.  Open it go to HELP ABOUT.  Which version do you have?
- If you have CSB4 but get errors, what errors are you getting?  And WHEN do you get them?

GENERALLY speaking....if you have only one CSB in the computer and it gets corrupted a full uninstall is not necessary.  An overlay of the SAME version repairs many issues.  THEN after you have repaired your current, you can follow the steps to move to version 5.

I have CSB5 on 3 machines (work copy, home PC and laptop).  All work fine.  All were upgrades from CSB4.  But at the time, there was a TON of discussion about the fact that CSB 5 could NOT be on the same machine as CSB4.  I BOUGHT a cheap (windup) laptop so I could test CSB 5 while still in BETA.
-Samantha
TNG: "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose" - Capt Picard to Data
(:turtle: In memory of Turtle: May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007  GURU, mentor, and really nice guy! :turtleleft: )

Offline hidden

• Auxilary Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:04:01 PM »
Ok I messed around with it and got it working... SO... now can I buy the beta? if i like it...?

Offline hidden

• Sami
  • Administrator
    • CSB Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »
Oh MY!   PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

OH PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you bought the software before it was taken off the market and just delayed the installation (lots of folks did that).
-Samantha